Published : Times of India
In a bid to introduce more citizen-centric initiatives and simplify procedures for services provided by the police department, an instant automated short service message (SMS) service has been introduced.
The SMS facility for 11 services in the department will begin from October 10 and be enabled under the Sakala scheme that intends to provide guaranteed delivery of services within the specified time-frame. In a phased manner, 11 more services will be brought under the facility by November 1.
“We hope to provide an entire gamut of services — from filing of first information report (FIR) in a crime to verification for job aspirants online — both on mobile and on the internet by November 11. At present, we have 11 services under the scheme and 11 more will be added soon,” additional director general of police (police computer wing) Praveen Sood told TOI.
Once a Sakala application is submitted under any category, including filing a complaint, the applicant or complainant will be asked to provide her/his mobile number. The number will receive time-to-time alerts on the status of the individual case, he explained.
Sood said like the railway PNR number or bank account number, a 15-digit GSC (gaurantee services to citizens) number will be allotted to individual applications/petitions. “People can access the status of their cases through internet or can get SMS alerts from time to time.”
The SMS facility will reduce multiple visits to offices. “We are moving on to a process where citizens can log in from their homes for various services and even pay requisite fee through internet,” he said.
SERVICES IN SAKALA BASKET
* Arms licence and renewal
* Public address system licence for functions
* Amusement licence
* Missing mobile documentation
* No-objection certificates for gas agency
* No-objection certificates for hotels
* Passport verification
* Permission for taking out procession
* Extension of visa
* Disposal of petitions submitted
* Verification for job aspirants
ON THE CARDS
* No obligation to return to India (NORI) certificate
* Verification certificate for domestic helps/housekeeping
* Verification certificate for setting up institution/company
* Verification for marriage alliances to find antecedents of bride/bridegroom
* Verification for training/apprenticeship at government institutions
* Verification for head load workers, labourers, class IV and supervisory jobs at airports
* Verification for central/state government employees
* Clearance for going abroad for studies
* Clearance for foreign nationals
* Fingerprint certification required by foreign countries for issue of visa
* No objection to return to India in respect of Tibetans
768 total views, 1 views today